Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

CDAC Progressive Challenge #3

It's all about women for my entries in the CDAC Progressive Challenge#3.
My first card is an Oak Fairy from Gurukitty Designs. I find the image very mysterious and I designed a card that made her blend with the leafy background. I can imagine walking into the woods full of falling leaves and looking closely, I find a lovely creature sharing the gentle breeze of the autumn air. Such a wonder to behold!
The leafy background is a freebie from Spyder's Corner which you can find here.
 I think the sentiment from TlcCreations best describes the wonder and mystery of the image.
My second card is an image from Lia Stampz. I made a very simple one with embossed  background. The Texture Template is a recent purchase from a local craftstore. It's from Sizzix Texture Plates Kit #9, a total of 6 very elegant and floral embossing plates. The plate I used is called the Formal Fanfare. The sentiment is from Raindrop Echo Design's Quotes on Women, a freebie from Sentimental Sundays for a limited time. 
Other Challenges:
Paper Sundaes-Challenge #88 Anything Goes
Our Craft Lounge- OCL85 Fall Foliage
Squiggle Stamps-Autumnal Colours Challenge

8 comments:

Darlene said...

WOWZA! Both creations are fabulous! LOVE the paper piecing on the second card and the coloring on the first is awesome!
Thanks so much for joining our progressive challenge fun at CDAC! Round #4 is right around the corner ... hope to see you there!

Darlene
CDAC Board

Stephanie said...

Wow, love both your cards. Thanks for playing at Our Craft Lounge.

Made by Mandy said...

These are both beautiful cards. Fabulous idea to use Stryder's freebie with the top card, it looks great.

Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

Mandy (CDAC PC DT Member)

Pam said...

Gorgeous cards, thanks for playing at Our Craft Lounge!

Marlene said...

Beautiful cards, Cleah! Both very different from each other, but both gorgeous just the sme.

Heidi said...

Gorgeous cards, love the embossing on the second one and the colours on the first. Thanks for sharing with us at Squiggle Stamps. hugs heid x

Digi Darla said...

I love both cards, but simply adore the first one. What a wonderful sentiment, and the stamp and background were just made for each other.

Thanks for sharing!
DigiDarla
http://digidarla.com

dawnmercedes said...

wow...I love the sugary, glittery leaves! Thanks for lounging with us at Our Craft Lounge this week. I hope you'll be back soon!

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...