Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Chrissy, the Christmas Fairy at MPS

Wow, it's been weeks since my last post! I had been busy creating a leaflet design for my cousin's highschool reunion. And because of the unpredictable weather, I was not feeling so well the past few days.

Before I got sick, I won the "Name the Christmas Fairy" at Michelle Perkett Studio's new image. I suggested the name "Chrissy" representing the Christmas Spirit and I was so happy Michelle liked the name. I was able to color her but was not able to finish the card until now. I tried a new card fold technique called "Tri-fold Shutter Card" which involved a lot of measuring and scoring. There are various folds you can make but here's one tutorial you can start with. Here's my card:
I colored her in pink and red hues because I think she represents the true Christmas meaning of love and life. I colored her gorgeous wings with glitter. 
The sentiment is a part of the Snowman with heart image also from Michelle Perkett Studios and the frame is a freebie from Tiffany Doodles.
This is the Snowman with heart image and I added dots similar to the Christmas fairy image. I think it's cute in pink, don't you?






2 comments:

Marlene said...

Your shutter card is GORGEOUS!!! (I had no idea that's what it was called...I'm so dense, I just call them "fancy fold" cards...heehee.)

Wanted to pop over to say thank you for stopping by my blog, too!

Spyder said...

Lovely card and well done on your win!
(Lyn)

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...