Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Shaker card

Today is Palm Sunday, the start of the Lenten Season. After hearing mass, had our Palms blessed, I started to work on my entry for the Delightful Inspiration Progressive Challenge this week. I had to start making my entry a little earlier than usual because my family and I are going for a vacation outside the country. Since it's a progressive challenge, I don't wanna miss the next freebie image which I'm sure is another cute one.
This week's freebie is a Ladybug Balancing Act available at Designed2Delight digital stamps. For my design, I made a flower shaker card. I've been wanting to make a shaker card and I finally made one! The sentiment is from TlcCreations. Here's my card:
To make this, I colored the ladybugs, stem, leaves and grass and paper-pieced the flower on the first layer. Before attaching the second layer of the flower and ladybugs, I had to make the shaker container for the flower center. I did this by cutting a strip of peach board paper, glued the ends together like a ring. The thickness of the ring should be about the same height of the foam adhesives to be used for the ladybugs for equal dimensions. I then glued the ring to the first layer and fill it with seed beads. I used only few beads so they will move around when I shake the card. To make the window cover of the shaker, I paper-pieced another flower, cut the center and cover it with plastic transparency at the back. I then glued it to the ring. For the ladybugs, I cut 3 images sans the antennae and legs and stick with foam adhesives.

Materials used:
Peach board paper
Designer paper- Gina K Designs neapolitan set
Promarkers: R738,G457,G159, Shale
Glitter glue
Peach seed beads
Foam adhesives


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome card!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Such an amazing and beautiful card!! Love what you did with the flower and making it a shaker card, neat idea! Thanks for joining us at Designed 2 Delight!! Hope you have a nice vacation with your family!

Kendra

LaVerne said...

Great card! I saw it over at TLC also. Love the colors and paper piecing you did.

Lola said...

Super adorable! Wonderful paper piecing and colors and everything! Thanks for using this weeks Designed2Delight image and hope you join us again!

Faith S. said...

This is just awesome!! LOVE the papers and colors!!

Anonymous said...

This is one of the best cards I've seen lately. And I don't say things like that without meaning them! Wow.
This is great.
Emily

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...